What I wore... to my first outfit post!

on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hello Sailor! 
Recently you've probably noticed that I've been sharing posts on much more of a personal level. Our blog is usually quite brand focused, but as I've been having a lot of great feedback about my more open posts I've decided to try and get into the swing of it more. Quite a few of you lovely bloggers have asked for some outfit posts... so I thought I'd bite the bullet and give it a try! 


To be totally honest, I've been debating about sharing some outfit posts on the blog for some time now, but I've always felt a little bit shy about doing it. Whilst my style is definitely quirky and a little bit different, I'm a fairly shy person. Last year I worked really hard on coming out of my shell and making more of an effort to talk to other makers at craft shows, and I was so proud of how much my confidence has grown, especially when we held the stall at Renegade. Whilst I was super nervous chatting to people I think it was pretty well hidden. I always feel like a bit of an idiot! There is no way I could have done something like that before - I would rather have run a mile! With that in mind, I have been debating what other steps I can take to grow my confidence. Thanks to your support and a boyfriend who is immensely supportive (and a great photographer!!) I'm really proud to share my very first outfit shoot...


*TA*DA* hee hee! 
I foresee this section being a little sporadic to the blog, but I'd love to do a couple a month in theory... should they be going down well of course. I wont be doing many if they go down like a lead balloon, that's for sure. I figured I could test the water and see what you think :)


In this post I'm wearing my new favourite jumper, bought in the sale from Sugarhill Boutique. It's a really lovely fine knit and I adore the sweethearts around the neckline. I'm really into the breton look, so if you ask me this is a total steal! They have it reversed (white stripes on black) too, but I actually think this one is much easier to wear. 
The shorts are from Tara Starlet - my secret weapon! I have a lot from her clothes in my wardrobe so be prepared to see more of that name in the future. My sailor shorts are one of my favourite pieces; the button details are really adorable and I can dress them up and down really easily for most occasions. I tend to stick to black tights underneath for casual day wear. They look fab on because they nip in at your waist and create a lovely hourglass figure! The only tricky thing about ordering from here online is the sizing; make sure you meausre to work out exactly what size you need. The clothes are all made in house and I've found I tend to need a bigger size than usual. Don't let the numbers put you off! You'll look so much cuter if you get the right fit :)


The glasses I wear are vintage and you can find out more about my obsession with them here. As for jewellery, you can't really see but I have on a cute watermelon necklace that I bought from a Juicy Couture outlet in America. I'm not really into their clothing, but their charms are super lust-worthy! Oh! And last but not least, that's my new cockatiel iphone case too. How darling!

So there you have it! I hope you like my very first outfit post. I'm a little bit nervous to see what happens after I click 'Publish Now'... I hope it involves confetti! Getting out of your comfort zone is always challenging, so I'm proud I took a small leap today :) I hope it inspires you to do the same!

Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment