Oh Snap! A catch up on our week...

on Friday, January 24, 2014

This week I've been working on some new prints and stationery, which I'm getting really excited about! Since I've been working on my 'illustration a day' resolution it's been really great at opening up new ideas and slightly different ways of working which is really fun. It's quite challenging to think something up each day, but it's definitely made me do a lot more research and  more 'creative hunting' which is only a great thing. I'm having more success with that than taking a photo each day - I missed one out on Thursday and was super gutted about it. I'm going to persevere though - I've still taken a crazy amount of photographs in comparison to what I usually do :)


David and I also went through to Glasgow this week which was really lovely. I studied at Glasgow School Of Art so it's like a home away from home for me - we don't normally get the chance to discover new places (I love my old haunts!), but this time we decided to go on and adventure. We sat and drew in The Black Sparrow which has mostly booth seating (I LOVE a booth!) and is really chilled out and relaxing during the day. Sometimes the best thing to do is to go somewhere quiet and draw anything and everything.


We also had dinner in my favouritest new place, The Tiki Bar & Kitsch Inn Being obsessed with anything tiki and kitsch, this place was naturally high on my to do list as soon as I discovered it existed. Their menu is all Thai food, which is my favourite type of food... for me, this place truly is heaven (outside of Hawaii of course!) I had the tofu and veg red curry and it was honestly the best thing I've eaten this year. I was not surprised to hear that they'd won awards for their food after tasting it, and will definately be working my way through their menu now (surprisingly it's pretty affordable!).Seriously good. Plus their interiors in the restaurant upstairs is super rich and classic 60's, it's like stepping back in time :D I hope the next time I go back it's quiet so I can photograph the heck out of it! 


They also have a really excellent drinks menu and serve your pina colada in a pineapple mug... You wouldn't believe how much joy this brings me! There's even a cocktail made in honour of Scarlett Johansson - they filmed a little bit of one of her movies in here called Under The Skin (it's about an alien in Scotland and it looks pretty dark!) which is a really great Fun Fact. 


So, if you're ever going to Glasgow for the day, you'll know where you can find us!
The only bad thing about a trip to Glasgow is the trip back home, though it's nice to come back with a little inspiration and some new drawings. I'm planning to do more trips through this year to find more new amazing places to go. Hopefully I'll find some more fun places in Edinburgh too, though it's much harder to go on an adventure in your stomping grounds. 
If you know any amazing secret places worth visiting we'd love to hear about them!

Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment