What I wore... to afternoon tea!

on Friday, January 31, 2014

Following the wonderful comments and love from my first ever outfit post, I thought I would try and keep the ball rolling and sneak in a secondary one just before the month is out. This week I thought I would share what I wore to afternoon tea! It was my mum's birthday so naturally we had to get dressed up and out to somewhere nice to celebrate.... Like I need an excuse!


It's amazing how much better a girl can feel with some make up and a pretty new skirt on! I am totally in love with this beautiful Mad Men skirt, which I snapped up in the Tara Starlet sale for just £10 (if you get in there quick there might be one left!) I actually bought it a size larger than I needed (a size 10) but when I tried it on I could barely breath - it was more like a 6! So I took it down to my local tailor to let it out a little. It wasn't a big job, but it's such a beautiful vintage fabric that I didn't want to risk damaging it! Considering I spent so little on it, I didn't mind paying the extra too :) I love that the belt came with it also - sometimes it's tricky to find a cute belt to fit through those hoop things. I'm big into a cinched waist so I know it'll come in handy for other outfits too!

The top is a staple classic from Vivien of Holloway - you can never go wrong with a black halter top with a sweetheart neckline! I love the shape of how these are made - you can't see it in this shoot because I'm wearing a high waisted skirt, but the top is boned and creates an hour glass shape at the waist. Don't fret, you'll no doubt be seeing it again soon in another wardrobe mash up :D


These are probably my most extravagant pair of vintage spectacles too -  not for the faint hearted! I try not to wear big earrings or bling necklaces when I'm wearing them because it can be a little full on. Balance is key to a vintage look!

Last but not least, a picture taken especially for Sally - my shoes!


These are the ones I created the Glitter Heel DIY with... they're super high and therefor perfect for sitting down in! With little splash of gold when I walk away, they're just perfect for this outfit... Swoon!

Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment