When All Else Fails...

on Wednesday, August 28, 2013


Make macaroons!

You know, we've been cutting some serious hours lately. Between new products, our new site and the pop up market, things have been pretty up in the air for us. I have to admit that today I am completely and utterly shattered and not really feeling myself. The best thing to do in times like these? Bake something bad ass.

We've been really fortunate over the past year; we've had our tote bag in Vogue Bambini, our pencils featured in Biba Magazine and our tutorials shared in several print publications and on lots of incredible websites. We got the chance to create an amazing window display for Coco's and launch Goodie Goodness (something I'm going to post about soon), and, most importantly, we've had the chance to meet and work with some fabulous makers.
When things are getting you down, I think the best thing to do is list out all your achievements and things you hope to achieve in the future.I've made a cuppa and a cracking batch of my favourite sweet treats. Looking back over all these incredible feats does make me feel incredibly proud and a lot better.  It's really easy to dwell on nonsense when things get tough, but you never know what's around the corner.

So now what? Find a challenge and take the plunge. What have you got to loose? Today I took a big step out of my comfort zone and hopefully it'll pay off. If it doesn't then it's not the end of the world; it's the trying that counts. People don't get anywhere if they don't take the risks, right?

So if you're having a difficult week, take a moment and stick your oven on. Bake, write your list and work out what challenge you're going to set yourself to get past the nonsense. If nothing else, you'll have a killer batch of macaroons to console yourself in...


Here's to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment