DIY Confetti With Envelope Template

on Thursday, August 15, 2013

July and August definitely seem to be the months for big parties, don't they? It's weddings and birthdays a-go-go for us at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm absolutely loving it! This week I thought I would share how to make your own confetti - remarkably handy I'll have you know - and a cute little envelope to go with it. Good times in a packet!


Confetti is the party accessory that's totally underrated if you ask me. Look at how happy it is! And it's pretty planet friendly ... well, as much as anything is these days. All you need is a circle punch (or hole punch if you're wanting mini confetti!) and a bunch of cute coloured tissue paper. 

I've found the best way to make it is to fold up the tissue paper so you have several layers and punch it like that. If you did it one circle at a time you'd be there for weeks, plus I noticed my circle punch doesn't like stupidly thin layers. Fair game!


When it comes to colours, the more the merrier! Use cupcake cases to contain (and even separate), them as you go. 


Now for the envelope. I've created a basic envelope template for you to use as guidance for the shape. Download the file below and print it out. You could technically get two of these on a sheet of A4 if you wanted to. I would say it's handy to print it out on paper and use it to draw out your own template from card as it'll be handy for future projects and save you a load of envelope money :) 


So, get download the file from the above link (still using this random upload site for now - let me know if you have any issues!), and print it out. I've decided to go with a see through envelope, so I have used grease-proof (or parchment) paper. You can use the template to draw out envelops with any kind of paper or newspaper, so go wild :D 

Fold the two long flaps together and stick shut with some double sided sticky tape or a thin layer of glue. Then fold up the base flap and stick shut. Lovely!


Add in a bucket load of your handmade confetti and seal shut. I've closed mine with a nice piece of washi tape because washi tape makes everything better :) 


If you're feeling adventurous you can make your own cover labels or use a stamp and create some cute stickers if you want to personalise them. Another thing that looks lovely is using a wide washi tape and cutting one end like a ribbon and wrap it around the top (see first image). Not only will that seal the packet closed but it'll finish it off beautifully.

Now all you need is a celebration to throw them at... or maybe you just want to celebrate your morning coffee ;)

Enjoy!
xox

enter our giveaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment