Style Crush: Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Spring 2013

on Monday, September 30, 2013

I've always aspired to have a blue rinse when I grow up. There is something so awesome about the 'old birds' who rock it; they just seem to be having a lot more fun in their old age! That's why I am totally in love with this first look from Vivienne Westwood's Red Label collection for Spring 2013. Getting old just got chique!


Vivienne Westwood has been my favourite designer for as long as I can remember. I love how she cuts fabric and I like that her looks are classically based but always have a killer edge to them. If we ever get rich you can guarantee one of my first big purchases is going to be one of her fabulous structured gowns ... and maybe even some mary-janes to match!


Being a massive fan of vintage fashion, there is a lot of inspiration to be had out of these looks. Just because I can't afford the real thing just now doesn't mean there is no fun to be had! Simple things like gloves and fascinators found in thrift shops and even your grandmothers closet can totally evolve a cheap n cheerful dress from modern to classic in a flash. If you have time (and a whole lot of hairspray), give your hair a few victory rolls and you've got yourself a whole new look :D


If you'd like to see more from the show, click here...


 And remember, a girl can never have too many hats, gloves and shoes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment