DIY: How To Make A Geode Ring

on Monday, September 2, 2013

This year I wanted to get the perfect giant cocktail ring to wear out on my birthday, but I couldn't find anything that I liked (or more importantly; could afford!), so I decided to take matters into my own hands and create one myself!


 I love the crystal stone Amethyst and its lilac colours go beautifully with the dress I plan to wear.... it's exactly what I wanted :D I picked up this little rock at a museum shop and it only cost a couple of pounds. They had a lot of rocks to choose from so you can make anything with this DIY; you just need to make sure there is a flat surface for you to attach it to the ring. 


For this project you'll need your extravagant geode rock, a basic blank jewellery ring from your local bead shop and some E6000 glue or some precious metal & crystal jewellery glue if you can find it.


E6000 glue is pretty hardcore so you need to be really careful when you're using it. Squeeze out a little glob onto the back of your rock and wait a minute or two till it goes slightly tacky.

If you are going to make a ring with several stones or are using it with small items, use a toothpick to apply a smaller amount of glue - it'll be much more controlled and make less of a mess.


Attach your ring to the back of the stone making sure you have it the right way round for how you want the ring to sit on your finger. The glue will start to harden after 10 minutes but you should let it dry overnight before taking it out on the town...


*Ta*Da*

Isn't it spectacular? Easy to make and it cost less than £5! It just goes to show you don't need to spend a lot of money to look super stylish :) With so many beautiful rocks out there you could have one for every day of the week too. What would you choose?

Happy Making!
Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment