DIY: How To Make Cute Fabric Band - Aids (or plasters!)

on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I have a pretty insane obsession with plasters. It's only something a few people know about me, but I think it's about time to come out of my little Band-Aid closet. I have a vast amount of styles - many of which I never want to use as they look so freaking amazing, but it's something I've always collected and something I've always taken great pride in wearing. It's like the silver lining to getting a 'boo boo', something I always look forward to should I happen to injure myself (being clumsy, one needs a silver lining to injury!) Whenever I go on holiday, one of the things that's always on my to do list is to go look for new ones. Many of my favourites have come from America, but I also found some great ones in Europe too. Here's a peek at the current contents of my bathroom cabinet "Plaster Shelf"...


*BOOM*
Didn't expect to find that on the blog today, did you? Haha! I kinda have something for every mood I'm in, much like one does with shoes :D So it's pretty clear to see what influenced this week's How To Make Cute Fabric Band-Aids (or plasters) DIY... and needless to say, I'm pretty excited by the venture. Who doesn't want to look stylish after cutting a finger? My thoughts exactly. Rather than spend a fortune on an obscure plaster collection, here is how you can make your own...


First up, get yourself a box of fabric Band-Aids


Cover the fabric side with double sided sticky tape and cut around the plaster shape so it is completely covered.


Lay down some cute fabric (remnants are ideal for this tutorial), and rub the sticky tape side onto the reverse.


Carefully trim the excess fabric from the plaster and you're done!


*Ta*Da*
You've got to admit, these look pretty wicked! Plus I get to wear a new style with every new fabric I collect :) Genius! I hope you have fun playing around with this little diy. Also, if you happen to have any amazing band aids that need a new home, you know who to call ;) 

Happy Making!
xox
Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment