Classic Car Show, East Fortune, Scotland

on Monday, September 23, 2013

This weekend we went to check out the big classic car show at East Fortune. I used to go to these car shows a lot when I was younger; our family love vintage cars so we used to have big family day's out at them, which was a lot of fun. It's been more than 10 years since I've been to an event like this, so I was a little intrigued as to what I'd discover!


Whilst there was a lot of amazing cars at the event, there was a lot of other incredible things we really didn't expect to see... like the Concorde! The venue is actually the National Museum of Flight air field. There is a lot of incredible old airplanes tucked up in hangers that you can climb on board and have a look at which was really fun. This is the cockpit of the infamous Concorde planes. I wish we could have flown on one of these. I'd love to go sonic-speed to New York!


British Airways also came to the event with an extra special air hostess uniform catwalk show. This I was particularly thrilled about - I'm not sure why but I've always been fascinated by these outfits! There is something so amazingly stylish about them. This was an extra special show as the models were actually making their entrance by descending down the steps of the Concorde :D


We also got the chance to see The White Helmets bikers perform some spectacular stunts. I didn't really know much about them before now, but I have to admit I'm hooked! Here they are all riding on a motorbike. Crazy, huh! And they used bikes to jump through flaming hoops too. Totally awesome! Apparently a lot of the drivers don't even actually have their licences. They drive better than most though!


Last, but certainly not least, were both really excited about getting to see lots of amazing owls too. Check out these two little fellows! They were so heartbreakingly cute. There was a really long queue to hold them which we didn't have time for, but it looked like a lot of fun. Maybe next time!

So, all in all, we had a brilliant weekend. Who knew there was so much to be fun at a classic car show still? We're getting really into going to random days out over our weekends... who knows what'll happen next week!

Keep your eye out on wednesday for more photos :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment