Inspiration: Japanese Adverts From The 1950s

on Monday, November 18, 2013

The other week on the train I stumbled upon the most whimsical collection of Japanese adverts from the 1950s and I've been dreaming about them ever since! So simple and pretty, it's hard not to be inspired by them. I'd love to print some of these out and hang them up in the studio; David and I have a bit of a vintage advert collection going on right now!



 Don't you just love how timeless these are? I have no idea what they're on about, but I'm pretty sure I want to buy one of everything. Why can't we kick it old school and do amazing print adverts like this any more? Illustrators and designers are super overlooked these days. If anyone wants to hire us to draw them an advert, I'm totally game!




Are you addicted yet? I feel a pinterest-a-thon coming on right now :D 
Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment