Featured Shop! Claireabellemakes Jewellery & Accessories

on Friday, November 29, 2013

Today we're thrilled to be featuring the wonderful maker and blogger Claireabellamakes! We became friends with Claire a while back through Twitter and we're absolutely delighted to get the chance to meet her at the Renegade Craft Fair earlier in the month. Claire makes really simple and beautiful jewellery and has a really awesome blog which is busting at the seems with creative ideas and inspiration. Ready to meet the maker and find out more? Us too!

Give us the low down! Tell us a little about who you are and what you make:
I'm Claire, otherwise known as Claireabellemakes. I live in Cambridge, UK which is the most ace city to live in. I make quirky accessories including Scrabble Jewellery, Macrame Bicycle Bracelets and fabric covered rings and cuff links. I love to crochet and knit and will never let my glue gun get too cold. 

How do you stay inspired?
I get out and about in my city! Taking a walk or chatting to local creatives keeps me inspired. I love reading craft books and magazines or getting lost in Pinterest (my favourite hobby). But I never feel more inspired that when I've been to a craft market. Seeing other makers succeed pushes me to improve my blog and business and being part of the creative world is just awesome. I went to Renegade in London a couple of weeks ago and came home SUPER excited and motivated. 

What blogs do you read?
I mostly read craft/creative blogs, with the odd baking, lifestyle and migraine blogs thrown in. My current favourites include Studio DIYLittle Things BloggedSkunkboy and Miss Jojangles which is written by the best 18 year old I know. 

Why do you like being a maker in 10 words or less?
Why buy when you can DIY?!
*ahem* That's the best 10 words we've heard all week!


What's your best piece of advice?
You can so no sometimes! I used to be a 'YES' girl until someone pointed out to me it's OK to say no sometimes. You've got to cut yourself some slack when life gets busy, and juggling a full time job, migraines, blog and business can be overwhelming for little old me! I really believe in work-life balance and if you can find a job which is your passion, you will never have to work a day in your life :-) 
What question would you most like to be asked?
Eek this is a tough one! I'd quite like to be asked to "describe your dream weekend". I like to fantasise as if I had endless money and time! It involves cake, cats, spa, crafts and blanket forts.

What's your guilty pleasure? (Chocolate doesn't count :P)
Ha I am not guilty about eating chocolate! I am fueled by Double Deckers most weeks. I would say my guilty pleasure (aside from Pop Tarts) is watching cat videos on You Tube. I'm a total crazy cat lady and often get stuck in cat video You Tube loops. We have the cutest persian cat which your cat card prints remind me of!
Jay Jay! That's the name of Davids persian cat. They look so grumpy but they're totally adorable! Hooray for persian cats! We are totally stocked up on Pop Tarts here too  - I can go through a box in seconds. So glad to know I'm not the only one harbouring that secret! Such great advice too, we're terrible for saying yes which tends to lead on to a lot of long nights and working weekends! I'm going to try and take a page out of your book this week and start saying no. Well... maybe after the holidays are over ;)

Thanks so much for hanging out with us today Claire! It's been an absolute delight having you round for tea!

For those of you who're ready to nab yourself some awesome Christmas gifts (most of which are under £10! Hello stocking stuffers!) you can visit Claire's wonderful shop here

Visit her epically good blog for inspiration, banter and good times here 

Also, if you're in Cambridge on the 30th November you can visit Claire and spy her wonderful goodies at her stall at From Cambridge With Love! You can read all about the event and get the details here


We hope you enjoyed our little feature everyone! 
I know what things are on my Christmas wish list this year... hows about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment