RENEGADE MASTER!

on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Whoa! I can't believe we were at Renegade last weekend! We've been so busy with orders and hanging our exhibition that it feels like it was forever ago. Time files when you're having fun! I really wanted to share some pictures of some of the amazing stuff we saw at the show because everyone put in such an incredible effort and we found everything so inspiring. Here is a few people we have developed crushes on... and a little snap of our set up too of course! 


Considering we had to take everything down to London on a train, I think our set up looks pretty darn great. We created a little world called "Christmas Corner" especially for the event. I freaking love that place!


This incredible collection of critters is made by my new favourite DIY kit maker Kiriki I've started working on mine and I can't wait till he's finished. Aren't they amazing? I forsee a lot more of these little fellows being welcomed into my home over the festive period. Such a great gift idea!


I initially discovered the wonderful illustrations of Debby Greenaway through our online stockist Ginger Pickle and I have been totally crushing on them ever since. Debby was oposite us at the show and I spent the whole weekend swooning over her ghosty illustrations. They're now pride of place in Vivid HQ - the most wonderful reminder of our weekend :D


It was so lovely to get the chance to meet the lovely Hello Harriet who's possibly the most cat-tastic illustrator in all the land! Stocked up on kitty tattoos to pick myself up on blue days. Who doesn't need one of them in their life?!


It was also awesome to meet Ella Masters, creator of the great beardy man himself. Ella's illustrations are so rockabilly chic it's enough to bring a tear to my eye. Her stall had such an epically great set up too - this is just a fraction of what she had at the show. What an incredible effort!


David got the most incredible bow tie and pocket square to add to his Mad Men style wardrobe thanks to the stunning array of men's accessories brought by April Look. We go to a lot of markets and a heck of a lot of vintage fairs and this has been the best collection of menswear we've seen in... well... forever really! 


We also got to meet the owner of this fabulous stall and amazing material shop Beyond Fabrics. Don't you just want to touch everything? I'm really obsessed with quirky prints and materials so you can imagine this place is right up my street. If you're ever in London you should defo pop into their studio/store in Shoreditch and swoon over all the amazing pattens!

With over 90 makers at the event, you can imagine this place was totally hooching with awesome things to get inspired by and spend all your pennies on. I wish we had more time to hang out with everyone - time passed so quickly it was just a blur!

If you want to see more and get more gift ideas for Christmas you really have to check out Sarah aka The Laughing Medusa's blog post and Claire's write up from Claireabellamakes (Oh! And a peek at her awesome haul of goodies here too) I've pinned their blog posts too as they're absolutely brilliant :D

We'd like to say a big thank you again to everyone who came down and supported the event. 
You rock!

0 comments:

Post a Comment