Seaworld Orlando

on Friday, July 19, 2013



Hello from Seaworld! Today we've been hanging out with Shamu and his friends and it has been phenomenally good :) check out my new bestie! He is a total riot!


I have fond memories of going to Seaworld when I was a kid, but that was more than 10 years ago so I wasn't really sure what to expect after all these years. Im not a massive fan of animals in captivity and whilst I feel like the tanks could be much bigger and the dolphins and killer whales could be given a bit more 'free time', it was nice to see that they had been working with so many injured animals that wouldn't survive in the wild but thrive from their environments here.


It was pretty incredible to find penguins in Florida too! You have to enter a giant refrigerator to go see them which is really novel for us because we have penguins in our zoo in Edinburgh but they hang outside in our standard weather... That speaks volumes!


I think my favourite thing about the park is being able to see the dolphins swimming through a big tank. Its the closest a girl can get to living under the sea so you can imagine I was in my element, imagining life as a mermaid! Unsurprisingly I now have a vast amount of dolphin pictures and underwater vine films that I can't wait to look through when I get home :)


Oh! We also got a chance to go on the incredible Manta ride, where you get strapped into a rollercoaster and laid out flat so you're in a "flying" position before hitting loads of loops at a ridiculously high speed (and they even squirt water at you at one point!) it has to be one of my top 3 favourite rides of all time as its pretty much the closest thing I'll ever get to experience actual flying. Totally worth the fear factor if you ever get the chance to come here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment