Road trip!

on Monday, July 15, 2013





Well, you simply can't come to America and not do some kind of road trip, now can you? Yesterday we bagged a few Big Gulps and (yuck!) beef jerky and took a wee drive to Tampa Bay. It's not to far from the house, but we took a detour so we could ride over a 5 mile bridge. Who doesn't want to see that! On our drive we hit a big storm, which was, to us, like a mini hurricane. This happens a lot in Florida but I actually really enjoy it because it's such extreme weather and the thunder and lightning is amazing! It usually only lasts 15mins to half an hour, so it's never ruined a day out.

We've went to see the Tampa Bay Rays play ball - David & his family are big baseball fans so that was a lot of fun, plus I got to eat a foot long corn dog... I don't know what that actually consists of (and I'm quite certain I don't want to!!) but it was a really great day. Sports in America are way more fun to go see; no lager louts, fights over teams or boys being rowdy. In fact there were carnival games, free pizza for everyone when the Ray's made 10 strikeouts and even a mini concert with KC & The Sunshine band at the end! if that doesn't make you want to "Shake Your Booty" I don't know what will!




It's been so lovely hanging out in the sun and spending time with family and friends. I think it's going to be super tough to leave even though we still have over a week left on our trip to go! Actually, I've completely lost all concept of time - I'm not sure what day it is even! I quite like that about going away; there is still a lot of structure to our days, though each day is its own entity and time doesn't really matter. It kinda feels like every day is Sunday :)




I think one of my favourite things about our trip so far has been making friends with this little guy! I've named him Scout and he lives on our front step. Every time we leave home or come back, he pops out of his little tube to say hello! He's not frightened of people at all which is pretty phenomenal. If I could bring him home I totally would!

0 comments:

Post a Comment