Inspiration: Vintage NASA Images

on Monday, July 22, 2013

As many of you will know, I'm pretty obsessed with NASA and space. In fact, it wasn't until my family took me to the Kennedy Space Center when I was a child where my imagination and interest was initially sparked. I wasn't even that excited to go (my brother was chomping at the bit!), but let me tell you, as soon as I stepped foot in that place my jaw dropped and I've never looked back since!


I was actually lucky enough to see one of the launches from where we were staying which is one of my favorite memories that I know for sure I will never forget! Well, today we're going to go back to NASA HQ and even though it's quite a different place to when I was a nipper (no more launches into space! BOO!!) I cant wait to get in there and explore the museum, discoveries and equipment... 


These are some of my favorite images from NASA's early days. Don't they look so 'future vintage'? They never fail to make me smile - especially the last one (best photo ever!) 


I hope you find these pictures as inspiring as I do. If these guys in the pool could go into outer space, absolutely anything is possible, right?

Here's to the bold men who went where no man has gone before.... and to one day, achieving that ourselves ;)

see more of our space posts and awesome space themed DIYs here
Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment