Featured: Windy City Knits

on Thursday, April 26, 2012



This week we are getting cozy and hanging out with Angela, the crafter and designer behind Windy City Knits. We love nothing more than accessorising our outfits with some wooly goodness. Come rain or shine, Scotland always has a little nip in the air... but with beatiuful items like these, we don't need an excuse to want all of these!

Tell us a bit about yourself...
I am a wife and mom and have been knitting for over a decade. I grew up working in my family’s restaurant and I am an avid cook and baker. I am a city and beach loving girl, yet I have to drive a bit to get to both, I love espresso way too much, I would eat pasta everyday if I could, I love watching old 1980’s movies, my favorite time of year is Summer.

Are the items you sell inspired by what is currently popular or based more on your personal style and interests?
My items are inspired by my own style. I really love to create pieces that I would love to wear. 

What has been your biggest challenge so far?
My biggest challenge so far has been the realization of how much work it is to promote myself. I'm not a business minded person by nature, but I quickly learned to be when I started my Etsy shop.


When you're having a crap day, what do you find motivates you?
A hug from my love makes everything perfect, but if he's not available I find a quiet place and a warm cup of tea to just sit and calm my mind. 

What have you found to be the best piece of advice given to you?
The best piece of advice has been to know my worth when it comes to pricing my pieces. 

How can we find you?
(click the links) 
Tell us what your guilty pleasure is?
Chocolate....in all forms. :)

Chocolate makes everything better!
We agree that promoting and pricing is the hardest part of opening your own etsy store; it's good to know we are not alone! We think it's good that you can tweak prices as you go along on etsy, as it  means you can see what appeals more to buyers as you go along. We would pay a lot of money for a beautiful scarf like the one above :D As for promoting, we think it's just about putting the time in. Start small and work your way up - it will become easier the more you work at it...

Check out Angela's blog for inspiration and giveaways. To get your mitts on her lovely mitts make sure to visit her shop too!

Thanks Angela!

If you have any suggestions on a good way to work out pricing or have any tips on self promotion we would love to hear it!

Wrap up warm and happy Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment