Featured: Misanthropy Creations Jewelry

on Thursday, April 19, 2012


Today we are joined by the lovely Michelle of Misanthropy Creations.
If you are looking for some beautiful modern jewelry with a retro and b-movie twist then this is the boutique to go to!


Tell us a bit about your blog & business
When I look for jewelry I can never really find anything I like. I grew up on scary movies and watching the X-files so some might call me a bit weird. I know my taste isn't like everyone else's that is for sure! I started my shop on Etsy for girls like me. Who like to feel pretty but at the same time have a nerd interest in the zany and sometimes morbid. My blog has featured artist interviews, DYI's, Treasuries, and more fun new topics coming! I recently teamed up with 2 other lovely ladies that will be guest writing to make the blog more dynamic and interesting!



Are the items you sell inspired by what is currently popular or based more on your personal style and interests? 
My items are definitely inspired by my own personal style and my interests with a splash of what is popular. Everything in my shop I would wear myself.


What has been your biggest challenge so far? 
Going overboard. I love what I do. I'm surprised I haven't skipped my day job yet and just stayed home and continued all day long. Most days I don't want to go to work, I just want to stay home and craft! That and I tend to purchase lots of supplies with no where to store them! Sometimes I have too many ideas and they get lost in the shuffle.


When you're having a crap day, what do you find motivates you? 
Relaxing. We all need a break every now and then. I work full time and then come home and make jewelry or am on my computer all night. Every now and then I take a break if I need it. I always have a book I'm reading as well!

What have you found to be the best piece of advice you've been given? 
My dad has always said to me "Do what ever it is that makes you happy and don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says." It's true too. I think he knew I was an odd nut and inspired me to be who I am.


How can we find you?
(click the links)
Shop    Blog    Etsy Blog Team    Twitter    Facebook    Stumble Upon    Pinterest  

Tell us what your guilty pleasure is? 
Cheesecake. I like cheesecake too much and I'm not even a really big fan of sweets. I also love to just do nothing, just be lazy and sit on the couch and watch tv all day. But I try to always keep myself busy as much as I can. Also, SLEEP. I love to sleep! I could sleep 12 - 14 hours a day!

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to hang out with us today Michelle! We love that you're creating for a more alternative market. We think your jewlery is awesome!
And your dad has some cracking advice we should all listen to as well :)

Snap up your favorite piece from Misanthropy Creations here and check out her blog for some cute diys, treasuries and a very special artist interview...

We hope you guys found todays feature as inspiring as we did :D
Happy Thursday...

0 comments:

Post a Comment