Style Me Friday... What's In My Bag!

on Thursday, April 25, 2013
 vintage mermaid


If I wasn't a human, I swear I would be a mermaid. Swimming is one of my favorite pastimes as it's a lot of fun and it's a great alternative to going to the gym (eep!) As I plan to be a total water baby on my travels, I thought you might like a sneak peek at what I've packed in my swimming bag. Being a massive fan of 50s fashion, it's no surprise that my little bag rocks it vintage style! 

My bag has been made from a vintage towel and is a 'one of a kind' Cath Kidson. I found it in the Edinburgh store (I don't think they sell these bags online) and fell in love with the print straight away.It really is the perfect bag for my vintage swimwear!

My bathing suit is designed by Esther Williams, a famous synchronized swimmer who made a lot of movies back in the day. I own a couple of these as they are so well made and they look super flattering  on. For a girl with curves, finding a really well engineered suit that looks cute and will stay on when swimming is a big challenge. They aren't massively cheap, but you'll never look back with this investment piece in your wardrobe.

If swimming or sunbathing outside, you'll always find a really high sunscreen in my bag. I'm more interested in being wrinkle free than on the orange side of tanned... and the idea of getting burnt gives me the heebies! My latest crush in the sunscreen department is a tattoo protecter called Ink Shield by Forever Ink. I love my tattoos and the idea of the ink fading brings a tear to my eye! I take this stuff everywhere. A tattoo is for life after all...

Finally, you can't lounge by the pool on holiday without a good read, something sweet to nibble on and of course, a cracking pair of sunglasses. My retro specs are actually prescription sunnies from specsavers and a timeless classic. For a taste of home, I'll be reading The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie, a 1930s story based in my hometown Edinburgh (and one of my favorites!) And I'll be nibbling on my favorite American candy- Sweedish Fish! Perfect ;)

Ready? Lets go to the beach!

0 comments:

Post a Comment