Elvis - Blue Hawaii

on Tuesday, April 23, 2013
 

It's not possible to visit Hawaii without paying homage to Elvis! 

 

Elvis filmed the classic film Blue Hawaii in the start of the 1960s and it quickly became his most popular film and soundtrack made throughout his career. 

 

With its beautiful scenery its no wonder he fell in love with this place! In fact, Elvis loved Hawaii so much he visited the state many times throughout his lifetime and even decorated a room in his house with its classic tiki style. I've been lucky enough to visit the Jungle Room myself and it is still phenominal! 

 

For those of you location lovers, Blue Hawaii was filmed in Waikiki Beach, Ala Moana Park, Lydgate Park, and the Coco Palms Resort Hotel ... oh, and lets not forget, the Honolulu jail too!

 

When Elvis arrived in Honolulu for filming, thousands of fans nearly broke down the barricades before the singer was whisked to his hotel. Since mobs waited around his hotel daily, security guards were on duty around the clock. Going by these rare behind the scenes photos from the time, it's not hard to see why people found him so appealing!

 

I'm hoping to have a little Elvis fun myself whilst I'm out on the islands... or at the very least I hope someone will serenade me with this song... such a charmer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment