Word(less) Wednesday: Leeds Festival!

on Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Foo Fighters

This week we have an extra special photo post for you with a few photos from our adventure at Leeds Music Festival! We saw hundreds of bands, have over a hundred photos, ate loads of junk food and got covered in mud - exactly what you want from a rock festival! 

Foo Fighters

Our highlight was (of course) rocking out to my favorite band the Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl made out with a blow up doll and tanked a bottle of beer before the encore. Never fails to please!! They even showered the audience with Foo Fighter dollar bill confetti - so cool!  I'm trying to get my hands on one of these notes for my wall so if anyone has one I will swap you one of our A4 prints for it. Drop me an email and spread the word :D


Still clean here! Haha


Inside the Jager ice bar. This was the coolest place to drink; being full of ice blocks and in a giant refrigerated unit, you can't argue that it wasn't! You even got goodies if you made it in - jager bandanas, binoculars and I even saw a few jager ponchos. Perhaps the only way to make a plastic poncho rock n roll!

The Hives

We had a total blast at The Hives gig - they came on in top hats and tails, sang the awesome anthem Hate To Say I Told You So, and even did a freeze frame pose for this shot! The last time they played here was 8 years ago, but you would never have guessed as they were one of the best live acts :) Looking forward to hearing more from them now they're back!!


The Big Tent*


The Wrecked Wellies*

*wouldn't be a festival without either!

The Cure

Hooray for The Cure! After an epic set of 31 songs (31!!!!!) We finally got to hear Love Cats in the flesh :D I am one happy lady! Needless to say, I did dance about in a cat like manner, which you can only really do at a festival where people have dressed up as variety packs of cereal (no joke!) On that note, there was also a Mighty Mouse, and a girl dressed as Where's Wally... You have to love that kind of effort! 


We could not see Vivid HQ from here!

Florence & The Machine

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Florence! What a great stage set, right? I have to admit I was a little disappointed by this gig as they didn't play that many of their big songs. We've seen them before at a smaller venue and Florence blew our socks off, so I guess I was spoiled by the intimacy. Don't get me wrong, they were still great, just not great enough for my expectations!


Home time!
I don't know what it is about the end of a festival, but you get the most amazing calm feeling on the way home. After all the excitement over the past few days, it's nice to finally sit down in a real seat. Looking forward to our next big adventure already!

We'd love to see everyone else's photos from the festival so be sure to post your links below :D

And remember to get in touch if you have any of those Foo Fighters dollars - you will make my day!

Happy Bathtime Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment