DIY: How To Make Glitter High Heels

on Sunday, June 2, 2013

I've gotten to that age now where all my friends are getting married. I'm totally down with that (and very happy where I am in life, thank you!), because like most girls, I love to get dressed up and party! However, whilst weddings are a lot of fun, having to buy new stuff to show off is not. I decided that I needed something fabulous that was still understated (not my day after all!) So I decided that instead of buying new shoes that I couldn't afford, I'd vamp up a pair that I could :D   

Hello Glitter Heels!


Yup, these shoes are pretty much to die for. And they were pretty affordable when I got them too! Black shoes go with everything, for sure, but they can still be a little lacklustre... or some may even say boring!


So, to pimp my shoes into a pair that are bling and beautiful, I'm going to glitter them! 
Weapons:
Glitter
Mod Podge (pva glue)
paint brush
mixing pot 


First off, wipe the shoe clean. We're not going to be putting anything on the sole of the shoe that touches the floor, so don't worry about that; it's not going to be seen. Use a little bit of warm and soapy water to get rid of any scum or tacky label remnants. Yuck! 


Mix together your glitter and glue in your little bowl till it's quite... glittery! You don't want to add so much glitter that it's all a big lumpy mess, just enough so it's shiny and runny.


When you're ready, start painting :)


Take your time painting to the edges and make sure you colour inside the lines :) 

 

The key to this project is thin layers of glitter glue - otherwise it gets really lumpy and gross. You'll probably need 2-3 coats to make sure they're fully covered and don't have any bald spots. Between each layer, make sure the glue has fully dried otherwise it'll clump up.

When you're happy with how shiny they are, finish off by adding one final layer of glue, glitter free to keep it al nice. For added sparkle, sprinkle a litte glitter on before the glue dries...


 *Ta*Da*
Whaddya think? Pretty cute, right? Money saved and new look all in one :D Perfect!

We hope you find our little project inspiring this week!
New shoes for everyone :)
Follow us

0 comments:

Post a Comment