London Adventure!

on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Over the weekend we managed to take a lovely little break in London which very much needed! We've been working crazy long hours getting ready for our big Renegade stall and whilst everything is looking great and nearly there, burning the candle at both ends was certainly taking its toll. David managed to get tickets to go see the NFL game at Wembley and I got the chance to go for a lovely wander round my favourite city :)


London is beautiful at this time of year as all the leaves are changing colour and the Christmas decorations are going up  but it's still warm enough to go out without a coat! We took full advantage of the lovely weather (there was meant to be a 'killer storm' but it was blustery at best where we were) and had a lovely walk in the parks and a good explore around Covent Garden and Carnaby Street.


It was really great to get the chance to go down on a mini break before we come back in November for the market as I know we're not going to have any time to go exploring when we're working for the fair. That meant a good excuse to try lots of amazing restaurants and a chance to get a few Christmas gifts in advance. I've got my eye on a lot of things that the other makers are bringing to Renegade so I've been very good at saving up money to blow there too :D


We had a lovely lunch at Pix which is a bit like Yo Sushi as all the food is already made and out for you to grab, but the food is a big mixture of incredible combinations and changes often. It was totally delicious and defo worth visiting if you get the chance! Each item of food has a pick in it which symbolises how much the item cost. You keep them in a jar at your table and total them up at the end to get your bill :) I love a gimmic! We also went to The Diner for milkshakes. I've been a fan of these restaurants since they opened and they're still going strong which is great to see. This month they're doing some tasty themed Halloween specials which are a lot of fun and made me very happy!


I think my favourite thing we did over the weekend was eat donuts in the park. You can wine and dine me, but it's the simple things that count ;) It was really nice and peaceful which is exactly what we needed before our final push. Being back home now I'm feeling pretty refreshed and raring to go. I've got my to do list all written up and a couple more new things in the pipeline already which I'm really looking forward to sharing in the very near future :D I'm planning to do a big blog post on our market prep so you can see what we've been upto behind the scenes.

If you're planning a trip to London on the 9th and 10th November make sure to pop in and say hello! David and I are both going to be there and we'd love to meet you :)

Renegade Craft Fair
Truman Brewery,Brick Lane, London

read more about the event here

Keep your eye on our etsy and our Not On The Highstreet stores for our new products - I'll be uploading them as soon as I can so if you can't make the event you wont miss out :)

If you've already got plans to come to the show or have any tips or advice for the event we'd love to hear from you :) We've never taken our stock on such a big adventure before and we've never done a two day event before so we're not sure what to expect... I bet it's going to be epically good though :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment